Thursday, September 27, 2012

AMAZING!!

Triple wow is what I say. Super looking forward to putting up some images of my past students work and cranking up the dialogue about teaching art and furniture. Its amazing for me to come back to this blog and read older posts. Instantly gives me additional perspective on my growth as a teacher. Seeing these old posts makes me realize that my love for teaching has only intensified over these last 2 1/2 years. Im inspired. Going to write some emails to my old teachers thanking them for what they did for me whether thats Timothy Stapleton at Loyola College doing an office seminar on Albert Camus, reading Political Theory with the truly amazing/epic Dr Franz; the attention Brother Drisoll afforded me when I was a lost at sea Chaminade High School student; Mr McCann's refusal to accept the incorrect deployment of the word slovenly from a Junior high student; John Reardon's endless giving in his intellectual sharing while I studied for the MFA in Sculpture at Goldsmiths. At the same time Ill try and disremember my truly uninspiring and enervating time spent under the yokes of Carrie Teitcher and Joseph Crea whilst studying at Brooklyn Law School. Actually Ill just use my experiences with them as clear indicators of what not to do with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment